Written by administrator on November 1st, 2011
AT&T’s 4G LTE launching Nov. 6 with new Samsung, HTC phones
News from Los Angeles Times:
AT&T is launching its 4G LTE network Sunday along with two new 4G LTE smartphones in a bid to catch up with Verizon, which launched its 4G LTE network in December.
The first two AT&T 4G LTE handsets will be the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket and the HTC Vivid.
The Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket is the AT&T’s second Galaxy S II, but there are a couple of differences between the two phones.
The previous Galaxy S II on AT&T had a 4.3-inch screen, ran on the HSPA+ network and sold for $ 200 on a two-year contract. The Galaxy S II Skyrocket gets the larger 4.5-inch screen found on Sprint and T-Mobile’…………… continues on Los Angeles Times
… Read the full article
Verizon cell site to improve coverage in Ferndale
News from Bellingham Herald:
Wireless calling, text messaging and surfing the Internet on the Verizon Wireless high-speed 3G network is expected to be easier and faster for residents, businesses and visitors in Ferndale because of a new cell site.
The site expands 3G wireless coverage and capacity in this area of Whatcom County, according to a press release from Verizon.
The company’s ongoing network investment in Washington now totals more than $ 1.21 billion, including $ 114 million in 2010.
In addition to ongoing investment in its 3G network, Verizon Wireless continues to roll out its 4G LTE network nationwide. The 4G LTE network is currently available in more than 160 cities, including Seattle, Everett, Bellevue, Marysville, Tacoma, Olympia, Spokane and Portland-Vancouver. Full nationwide 4G LTE deployment is scheduled to be complete by the end of 2013.
Verizon Wireless serve…………… continues on Bellingham Herald
- Unlocked quad-band GSM cell phone compatible with 850/900/1800/1900 frequencies and US/International 3G compatibility via 850/900/1700/1900/2100 UMTS/HSDPA plus GPRS/EDGE capabilities
- 3G-enabled smartphone in green with 3.5-inch AMOLED touchscreen and Symbian^3 operating system
- 12-MP camera with Carl Zeiss optics and 720p video capture; Wireless-N Wi-Fi; Bluetooth 3.0; 16 GB internal memory; microSD expansion; HDMI output
- Up to 5.8 hours of 3G talk time, up to 400 hours (16.7 days) of standby time; released in August, 2010
- What’s in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, compact travel charger, connectivity cable, adapter for HDMI, adapter for USB, wired stereo headset, quick start guide
Make the most of every moment, then play it all back in HD with the Nokia N8. This high-tech device offers video recording in HD, plus instant video editing, a 12 megapixel camera and the ability to upload video to share with your friends and family. The Nokia N8 also packs a 3.5” touchscreen, free* voice-guided navigation from Ovi Maps, apps from Ovi Store and an impressive design, making this the phone that has it all. Live in high definition. The Nokia N8 lets you shoot HD video in 720p
List Price: $ 549.00
Price: $ 299.00