Written by administrator on August 17th, 2011
AT&T’s Purchase of T-Mobile May Spur More Industry Regulation
News from Bloomberg:
AT&T Inc. (T)’s pursuit of U.S. government approval for its proposed $ 39 billion purchase of T- Mobile USA Inc. may lead to more regulation for the telecommunications industry.
If the Federal Communications Commission and the Justice Department sign off on the transaction, they could require AT&T and Verizon Wireless to keep prices from rising, said Carl Howe, an analyst at Yankee Group, a Boston-based research firm.
Regulators also might create a new mobile service provider by combining smaller competitors or requiring the combined AT&T- T-Mobile to sell part of its customer base to a mobile virtual network operator such as TracFone Wi…………… continues on Bloomberg
… Read the full article
Verizon ad citing pay of $ 85000 is disputed
News from Boston Globe:
Verizon Communications Inc. has taken its battle with 45,000 striking union employees to the public by running ads about how well paid its Boston technicians are, with $ 85,000 in annual pay, four weeks’ paid vacation, and $ 51,000 in total benefits to an employee and family members.
Yet what Verizon does not say is that the $ 85,000 includes overtime pay. Union officials contend technicians in Boston would have to work the equivalent of two months of overtime to earn $ 85,000 a year.
Moreover, the workers won’t be getting $ 51,000 in combined benefits if Verizon has its way in contract talks. The company is seeking substantial concessions on that front, including freezing pens…………… continues on Boston Globe
- This unlocked cell phone is compatible with GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile. Not all carrier features may be supported. It will not work with CDMA carriers like Verizon Wireless, Alltel and Sprint.
- 3G-enabled touchscreen phone with 3.6-inch touchscreen and full onscreen QWERTY keyboard; powered by Windows Mobile 6.5
- Access V Cast Music (with Rhapsody) and Video services via fast EV-DO data network; GPS-enabled for turn-by-turn directions; Visual Voice Mail; GSM global roaming capabilities
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g); GPS location services; 5-megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth stereo music streaming, MicroSD expansion to 16 GB
- Up to 5.3 hours of talk time, up to 324 hours (13.5 days) of standby time
With the HTC Imagio, it’s like having your TV and your computer in your pocket. Use your big screen anywhere – whether typing or talking, watching or working. Featuring the Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional platform, the ultra-slim HTC Imagio combines performance and functionality in one sleek package. This touchscreen-enabled smartphone offers a large, vibrant, 3.6-inch display with a customizable home screen to suit your needs. It also features an on-screen QWERTY keyboard for fast and easy typi
List Price: $ 399.99
Price: $ 148.99